Applying to AmeriCorps VISTA
- Create a Profile
- Visit My.AmeriCorps.gov to enter basic information about yourself and to create a profile.
- Create an Application
- From your profile, log-in and create an application.
3. Complete Your Application
- Things You'll Need: A motivational statement (up to 3,000 characters), details of your skills and experiences, demographic information, criminal history statement, and at least two references.
- Note: Your references do not have to be complete for you to apply, but they do have to be completed for you to be offered a position. We recommend starting early to ensure your recommenders have sufficient time to complete their recommendation.
- AmeriCorps VISTAs: Regardless of what position(s) you are interested in, all applicants for Cradle to Career apply to the same listing which can be found here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=65918&fromSearch=true
- After you've completed and submitted your application(s). You can track your status in your MyAmeriCorps Portal.
- Possible Status Updates:
- Submitted – You have completed the application and clicked Apply Now on the listing;
- Under Review – Your application is being reviewed by the project. When in this status, the project may contact you and request additional information or request an interview with you.
- Selected – The project is offering you the position. If you want to accept the offer, log-in to your My AmeriCorps profile and accept the position.
- Pending State Office Approval – You have accepted the position and a VISTA Program Officer is making a final review.
- Approved – The final review has been completed and you have been approved for service. Congratulations!
- Assigned –You’re on your way to starting service. The next step is attending Pre-Service Orientation.